© First National Bank of Manchester (FNBM) 2022
All Rights Reserved
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
Retirement is a long-term goal, but you can speed up the process with our competitive interest and tax advantages.
No Setup or Maintenance Fees
- Make your golden years some of your best by saving with our tax advantages¹
- Competitive interest above standard savings rates
- Traditional and Roth IRA options
- No setup fees
- No monthly or annual maintenance fees
- Annual contribution limits apply (see current contribution limits; $6,000 as of 2019)¹
- Additional $1,000 “catch-up” contribution allowed for ages 50+
- Funds can be used to purchase CDs within IRA
- $100 minimum deposit to open
¹ Consult a tax advisor.
Traditional IRA vs Roth IRA
There are advantages to both traditional and Roth IRAs. One of the biggest differences is the time at which you see the most advantage. A traditional IRA provides potential tax relief today, while a Roth IRA has the potential for the most tax benefit at time of retirement.
- No income limits to open
- No minimum contribution requirement
- Contributions are tax deductible on state and federal income tax¹
- Earnings are tax deferred until withdrawal (when usually in lower tax bracket)
- Withdrawals can begin at age 59½
- Early withdrawals subject to penalty²
- Mandatory withdrawals at age 70½
- Income limits to be eligible to open Roth IRA³
- Contributions are NOT tax deductible
- Earnings are 100% tax free at withdrawal1
- Principal contributions can be withdrawn without penalty¹
- Withdrawals on interest can begin at age 59½
- Early withdrawals on interest subject to penalty²
- No mandatory distribution age
- No age limit on making contributions as long as you have earned income
¹ Subject to some minimal conditions. Consult a tax advisor.
² Certain exceptions apply, such as healthcare, purchasing first home, etc.
³ Consult a tax advisor.